We spent today working in the yard. It was actually pretty nice. About noon, I came in to check to see if there was rain in the forecast, because it had clouded up. But, no rain today, so the work continued. We tore up the rest of the rock that was in the previous path iteration, dug the path down a little bit in a couple places, added some dirt around our new maple tree, filled in the path with sand from the pile on the driveway, and jigsawed together a lot of the flagstone on the path (didn't really level it because we figure it will settle some and don't want to invest too much time initially). We also added some sand to the front lawn where we were having trouble with water just sitting and keeping the grass from growing well. And, we piled a bunch of the sand in the back yard to use later (for future leveling iterations and other applications). And, we also finished off the retaining wall blocks. I guess I'll have to post some pictures of that. But, the question is, how many blocks do we have left? I'm going to have to compile them all to figure out the final number, so I don't even know right now. I had a number, but then I realized we had to put some in a couple places and had some sitting in others. So ... any guesses?
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Since the blocks were a discontinued item (did I get that right?) I guess that you'll have just fewer than the number you need to complete your dream project just the way you want it.
Post a Comment