Sunday, July 12, 2026

Whew! What a great visit

We were fortunate to have Roy and Rachel with us again, Wednesday evening through Saturday morning. Thursday morning Rachel's visa application paperwork was accepted, so we happily headed into Thursday afternoon and Friday explorations. There was a bit of walking around San Francisco downtown, Thai lunch, and then a trip to Mori Point, south of SF, said to be a good whale watching spot. Roy and Rachel saw spouts at the far horizon -- I had my usual luck, every time someone says "there's a shooting star" or "there's a whale" I look too late. It was a beautiful day and it was fun to be outside whale or no whale. Friday we continued the aquatic theme with a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, where they have....OTTERS! OTTERS! OTTERS! ... and lots of other cool stuff. I had planned to all do yoga together in the am but was apparently discombobulated by all the excitement. Theoretically it would have worked but I forgot that it was Friday while making sandwiches for our trip to Monterey. I did love the otters -- I ran the battery on my phone down taking videos, none of which I can post unless I edit them down to size. They alone were worth the 2.5 hour drive.

Rachel found a nice Italian restaurant in Carmel for dinner. Saturday morning, as I predicted, Mickey finally decided that Roy and Rachel were okay and came into the living room to hang out with us. Right before we left, of course. Anwyl and I had to head into SF, so we dropped them off to explore College Avenue shops before taking BART to the Oakland airport, and were grateful to get the "we landed safely in Seattle!" message later in the afternoon.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like fun!