Tuesday, December 14, 2004

OK, it's gotten a little chilly.

Well, it's been a while since I've posted my ramblings on the blog, but I figure it is about time. I've been busier with finals and projects and such, and just didn't really have much to write about. I'm still not sure if I have much to write about, but I think I have enough for a blog post (we'll see).
I just printed off the 2nd part of my scientific computing take-home final . . . quite exciting really, discretizing differential equations. Ok, so many of you probably aren't jumping out of your chairs at the thought of using Taylor series, but maybe a couple people out there? So, all I have left this semester is the in-class portion of the Sci. Comp. final and my water quality management final, which is multiple choice. So, I have some studying left for scientific computing (I don't get a "cheat sheet" in that class, it's a little ridiculous, I think). For that final, we have an in-class part, and the take home had written and computer components . . . a little overkill, don't you think? Oh well, it means that the part I have left is only 20% of the final grade, so that's good.
So, Jenn and I bought Janice a digital camera and printer dock for Christmas/moving stuff/b-day. Well, we took the stuff down to TX at Thanksgiving to give it to her. Well, she unwrapped it and we discovered that there was no camera in the camera box. So, she has a printer dock, but no digital camera. Oh well. So, I took it back to Walmart and I got a new one, this time checking to make sure there was a camera in the box. Friday afternoon, Jenn and I drove to Hillsboro, TX to meet Janice (it's just south of Dallas) because they have a nice outlet mall there, and we needed to do some Christmas shopping. So, we took the camera and gave it to her. Well, she opened it, and there it was, the wrong camera all scratched up with the zoom button missing (we figure it was the display model at one time). So, we had to take it back when we got back to town, but we couldn't find the receipt. Luckily, the return people at Walmart were nice and they didn't give us any trouble and we got the right camera, nice and new. Whew!
So, we finished all our Christmas shopping this weekend. I have a whole load to transport out to D.C., plus we got stuff for ourselves . . . we don't really have any major surprises though. Oh well. Hopefully, other people will surprise us.
I don't really have a whole lot more to say. I'm going to go home and study scientific computing some more (I'm sorry you can't all do it too). Maybe it will warm up this afternoon and I'll go to the park, but there was still ice in some places (like where puddles froze last night) when I drove to school an hour ago. :-(
See you soon (most of you).
Et

1 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Walmart!

one word explains everything.....

Dad