Friday, September 14, 2007

Eat-n-Write: no repEAT

We have lived here for 5 years and seem to eat at the same old place. Hopefully, this is our last year here, and we want to get the most out of dining in Baltimore. To do this, we decided to eat someplace new once a week.

Date:Wednesday, 12 September 2007
Restaurant:Mughal Gardens
Cuisine:Northern Indian
Our Menu:Kingfisher and Sam Adams beer for drink, for starters a serving of Aloo Bonda (fried mashed potato and chickpea fritters) and Indian chips, we shared our entrées of Keema Mattar (ground lamb with potatoes and peas) and Chicken Saag (spinach chicken), and naan.
Taste Rating:**** (out of 5)


About the food: We've eaten lots of Indian food. I think this place has the best Saag (perhaps my all time favorite dish). The Lamb was good, but not remarkable. We decided on getting the Aloo Bonda because I'm addicted to Samosas. They were good, but I think I would have preferred a Samosa. Roy's Kingfisher beer was an Indian brew and was very nice, tasted a bit citrusy.

During our dinner, Roy and I talked about Idaho Senator Craig's idiocy, basically politics in general. Overall it was a nice evening; good food, and I'm happy Roy is home to spend time with.

Now, that we have decided to Eat-n-Write our last year in Baltimore, with no repEATs to experience all the tastes of Baltimore, I hope you enjoy my weekly column.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like fun. I look forward to hearing about your experiences. Roy, how does this place compare to the SF Indian we went to?