Sunday, May 8, 2011

Texadelphia

Texadelphia is a restaurant on Lindsey St in Norman. It is just west of campus. We decided a while back that we should check it out sometime. Sometime came on Friday night.

Basically, Texadelphia adapts the classic Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich and incorporates it into a menu with an additional tex-mex flair ... or something like that. I'm sure the Texadelphia PR department (if they have one) would describe it somewhat differently, but that's the best I can do right now.

I built my own: chicken and mozzarella, onions and peppers, and marinara sauce. Jenn modified the "Left Coast" and ended up with steak and mozzarella, onions, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes ... or something like that. Both orders came with tortilla chips - very thin ones - and salsa that was pretty good. Andrew had chips and salsa for dinner; he's a crazy kid sometimes.

Of interest to others may be things like the veggie cheesesteak (I didn't look into it too much) and a drink menu with a variety of different margarita flavors. It's sort of a relaxed sports bar feel, which is pleasant. There is outside seating and prices are reasonable.

We'll probably go back, at some point. I'll probably get mine without the cheese the next time, although I'll admit I didn't really even notice it on the sandwich - although, mozzarella is the one kind of cheese I routinely eat on things - pizza, lasagna, enchiladas, etc.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like a place to put on the list for next summer. We can sample margaritas while Grandma is BT-sitting!!