I got a donut from Gourmet Donut for breakfast, although I had to settle for a plain twist when my first couple choices were, inexplicably, not available.
Forgetting to get pre-sliced apples from Sam's ... on the drive over there, that's the one thing that was on the "list." We ended up with bagels, water (for school ... oops, we didn't drop it off), breakfast sandwiches for Jenn, and bananas. So, no impulse buys, but we forgot the apples. The apples, by the way, remind me of G'ma. Generally, growing up, I ate apples whole. However, G'ma used to slice them up to serve with meals. One of my favorite (little) things about visiting Goodland was that G'ma always had cantaloupe (cut in slices or smaller pieces) and the like in the fridge, would always slice up apples, etc.
Mowing in the 90+ degree heat. I started mowing about 12:15. I didn't edge (although it needs it), weed-eat, or do anything else. I just mowed. Andrew and Jenn surprised me in the back yard (after I'd mowed the front). They brought me ice water and stayed out there - mostly watching and throwing balls for the dogs while staying out of the sun. Andrew came over every time I stopped the mower and helped me dump the grass clippings into the trash bags. Unfortunately (as far as putting the clippings in the bag), it was really windy today, so he got less enthusiastic about helping (for fear of grass attacking him) as time went on. It was 104 each of the last couple days (Friday and Saturday). I don't think it was quite that hot today, but it was still hot. It wasn't a big deal, though.
Sno-cones from Eskimo Sno!
We stopped by Casey and Julie's to say "Bon voyage." They're planning to start driving to Denver tomorrow. I got roped into helping move appliances (W/D, fridge), although they had additional help (Casey's dad and step-dad). They had a furniture dolly and I didn't do any of the main work on the appliances, so it was really pretty minor. I started sweating, but that was only because it was 3-4 in the afternoon, in the heat of the day. The Cleveland County mesonet site says the high today was sub 100 (98), but it was hot. My dashboard weather thing says the high was 102.
Dinner at Qdoba with M&M ... got buy one get one for Father's Day with my "Certificate of Awesomeness."
Webcammed with dad. Andrew showed off his jumping skills, on command, which was surprising because Andrew rarely does anything on command. I was pretty impressed by Andrew's jumping prowess, too.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Father's Day Highlights
Posted by
ET
at
6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
According to weather.com, the low of the highs for the month of June this year was 93. It's been warm. The average high for the end of the month is 92 degrees ... and the low high in the 10 day forecast is 93, too. The average high in June is 89 (according to wikipedia), with the hottest months (climatologically) being July (avg. high of 95) and August (94).
Thus far this month, we're at an avg. high of 98.44 degrees (using the weather.com stats) for the first 18 days. They haven't posted a high for today. The forecast is for a high of 98 tomorrow and then highs between 93-97 for the 10-day forecast. So, we probably won't end the month 10 degrees higher than average, but I'm guessing the month will end up around an avg. high of 97, which would be 8 degrees above average for the month, and warmer than the average July and August. Unfortunately, my meteorologist friend says the predictions for the summer are for warmer than average temps to continue for the state.
Stay tuned.
We're supposed to have another "heat wave" summer in France, too. The last one was in 2003 when a lot of elderly people ended up dying which caused a big scandal across the country about the state of their care.
Post a Comment