Saturday, May 5, 2012

Signed On

Friday, I received my offer letter for full-time employment.  So, I signed it and dropped it off.  I'm going to start full-time on Monday ... although I would have gone in on Monday if I was still part-time.

What took so long?  Why didn't they offer me a job sooner?  Well, the plan was to work half-time for a year ... it wasn't until recently that I expressed my desire to make the transition.  We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Working full time won't prevent you from teaching? Will you still be post-docing?

ET said...

Very minor post-docing. Teaching? Yes. I'm going to teach Water Resources Engineering in the fall, and I'm on the schedule for a senior level elective class in applied hydraulics modeling for the spring. I'm interested in teaching because I want to give it a try ... they are interested in me teaching because it looks good on my CV and might help them find new students to work for the company. So, we're going to work it out logistically.