"Under the weather" is too gentle a metaphor for my current situation. Crushed, flattened, steamrolled, pommelled . . . take your pick of stronger adjective. I woke up sick on Sunday the 16th. When I went to see the doctor on the 19th, I was told I had the flu which usually lasts about 5 days, so I would probably start feeling better in a day or two. I did feel a little better on Thursday, but then I relapsed on Friday, coming down with a fever, aches and pains, and sinus and chest congestion. I went back to see the doctor yesterday afternoon. I just couldn't take it anymore. The whole right side of my face just throbbed, even down to my gums. I had to sit around for nearly two hours waiting my turn. The doctor confirmed that I have a sinus infection and prescribed me antibiotics. I started taking them last night, but since the treatment is relatively mild, she said I might not feel much improvement for four to five days. So for the time being, I'm taking my treatment, but still feeling miserable. My face hurts, mostly on the right side under my eye and next to my nose. Unfortunately, I can no longer allow myself to just sleep all day. Deadlines. After a week and a half of being sick, I'm completely swamped again.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know the feeling.
You have my sympathies. I'm recovering from a cold and Tom's in the worst part of one. After a couple of months with time away from desk for training, vacation, and illness and non-stop legislative requests throughout, the backlog of 'normal' work is daunting. Hope the medicine does its thing and you're feeling better soon.
Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon.
I spent yesterday evening at the doctor's office with Maëva who was diagnosed with bronchitis. Aren't we a pair!
After just one dose of antibiotics, she slept well and woke up pretty much back to her normal self.
My progress is much slower, but I am seeing improvement.
Glad to hear the trend is toward better.
Post a Comment