Yesterday when I went to pick up Maëva at school, the talk was about snow in Marseille, airport closure, and twelve kilometers of freeway backup. I figured the snow would eventually make it our direction. Sure enough, it started snowing right about 1pm when we got on the hangout with Mom. It was really light, but it was a start. Maëva got very excited and made up a song about snow while watching it fall out the glass kitchen doors. An hour later, she went down for her nap hoping that when she awoke, she would get to go outside to play in the snow. She wanted to make a Maëva snow angel and hold open her mouth to eat snowflakes. At 4:30, Sylvain got her up from her nap to see the snow. It had turned into large moist thick flakes. There still wasn't much sticking to the ground, but I decided to cancel my 5:30 English lesson anyway. Our drive can't be used when it's snow covered and I didn't want to risk anyone getting stuck up here or having an accident. Shortly after, the snow stopped. None had stuck to the ground. But I was happy to have canceled the lesson anyway as it gave me a chance to relax a little. Maëva didn't get to go outside and play, but she consoled herself by going next door to play with her grandmother. I think we all thought it might possibly snow again during the night. No such luck. Talk on the walk to school today was of how Maëva had hoped to build a Maëva snow man using a carrot for a nose and sticks for arms . . .
Friday, February 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment