Monday, January 18, 2016

Big Birthday Weekend

Maëva had a double birthday bash weekend. Two kids from her class recently turned five. Saturday afternoon, Antoine celebrated his birthday with a Star Wars themed party at his house. Saturday morning, Maëva asked to make cookies for Antoine, so we made up a batch of spiced spritz cookies (recipe on the back of some spices sent us from Evan & Jenn) and I found a Star Wars popcorn bucket at the grocery store to put them in. I was planning to hang around at the party, but Maëva asked me repeatedly to leave, so I eventually did. There were nine kids in all including Antoine's little brother (just a month older than Laureva). They did a Star Wars themed adventure scavenger hunt, got dressed up in tunic costumes made by Antoine's mom, and were just sitting down for cake and presents when I returned. Maëva was very excited about her costume and all the scavenger hunt souvenirs. Sunday morning, Maëva watched the first half of Star Wars IV. She had been asking about it and I realized all her little friends had seen it and I seemed to remember it was rated PG and didn't have graphic sex or violence . . . She lost interest after awhile and I turned it off. I think just seeing some of the characters on the screen was enough for her.
Sunday afternoon, Ema celebrated her birthday at Ludiq Land (a big indoor playground for kids with huge slides and various sorts of climbing things and little go carts). Ema's decorations were Frozen theme. Maëva was tired, but eventually decided to join in the sliding fun with the other kids. She also got a kick out of piloting a little cow go kart:

After the party, we headed up to Franck's in La Bouilladisse to join the rest of the family who were there celebrating Franck's 25th birthday and saying goodbye (he leaves today to go back to Montreal until August). Quite the fun-filled weekend!

0 comments: