Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas at the Maternelle

Friday was the journée de Noël at Laureva's school. Santa came in the morning. He brought new toys for the playground and a personalized jar of chocolates for each student decorated to look like Rudolph.


In the afternoon, the PTA put on our annual Christmas play. I was once again Translator the elf. This time, I had a bigger role and was on stage from start to finish. The story: Santa wanted to retire. Nobody could convince him not to. Mrs. Claus called the employment office to have them send candidates to replace him. Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and I interviewed the candidates: a doctor, a chef, a fitness instructor, a little girl and a retired police officer. In the end, Santa came around and decided he really was irreplacable. However, all the candidates were recruited to a new support team for him. Win, win!!
My 5th magical maternelle Christmas day in a row! Only one more year to go and then I'll have to say goodbye to the fun.

4 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Elf on the shelf?

ET said...

Are you saying Tanya will be an elf on the shelf?

Galen Tromble said...

Pretty much.

Tanya said...

Ha ha! Pretty good one, Dad.