Monday, November 4, 2024

Chicken Moves

Six young roosters - the little ones some of you saw in August - were the first to move, to the shed on the south side of the shop. 


The young hens were next. This one is trying out the tree in the fenced area behind their coop, which is north of the shop. 

 


Next were the original crew and some of their offspring. 12 hens including 7 of the originals from spring 2022. Roy and his family were here when they were just a few days old. We used the wire crate that we got for the move from Maryland with Lil Boose. It can hold a dozen chickens with room for several more. 



Finally, here are the rest of the roosters in the greenhouse. They're in three groups because when I tried other combinations there was too much fighting. I'm hoping that after a while of being in the same overall space, I may be able to combine them, at least some. 


1 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks like a five-star chicken hotel!