I feel like I should post something, though I don't really know what and don't really have anything clever to say. I was up Sunday night/Monday morning until 3 am correcting exams that had to be turned in at the university at 9 am on Monday morning and I still haven't caught up on my lost sleep yet. Fortunately, I'm not working today, just hanging around the house where there is no end of things to do of which I probably won't get many done!
Last Wednesday was the first Wednesday morning this year that I was free to go to the gym. So I went because there's a group coaching session which I had heard was good and I think I need to do a little more cardio. To make a long story short, it's quite hot here now and the gym isn't air-conditioned and since it's hot you don't always feel like eating a lot so I hadn't eaten a very big meal the night before. Anyway, I got really light-headed and almost fainted. But I promised the coach that he hadn't scared me away and that I would be back. So this morning, even though I was super tired, I got up and went to the gym to honor my promise. No fainting this morning, but now I'm super super tired!!!
The big conference I've been helping with starts next Monday. Tuesday I have to get up at a cocktail party at City Hall and translate a speech from French into English! I hope I'll be up to the task.
This afternoon I'm going to bake up some batches of chocolate chip muffins to stock up the freezer!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Hmmm ...
Posted by
Tanya
at
4:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I had a similar experience at an aerobics class I went to once while visitng Meredith. Except the instructor kept yelling at me to 'not stop'. I stopped anyway since the choice was stop or collapse.
Apparently the same thing has happened to quite a few people working with this coach. He's getting a little tired of having all his clients dropping like flies so this week he kept asking me how I was doing over and over and over ...
Sounds like the coach should get a job as a boot camp drill instructor!
Dad
Maybe I'll suggest that to him. But then again, maybe not. It might get me extra push-ups!
Post a Comment