We ate there on Wednesday night as a large group. The wait staff seemed overwhelmed (even though it wasn't that big a group) and I'm not sure what the exact situation was. I thought we had a deal to get drinks (non-alcoholic), appetizers, soup or salad, main course and dessert for one price. Also, we had to order off a select menu ... I love limited menus ... they're my favorite! As it turned out, our waitress was so flustered trying to ring up all the tickets for each person that she didn't even offer us dessert (I wanted the turtle cheesecake!). So, overall, it was lackluster.
Oh, the food? Well, the appetizers were fried calamari and fried pasta with artichoke dip. Nothing wrong with fried calamari, but I stayed away from the other. I passed on the soup and salad, although the seafood bisque seemed to be a big hit among those who ordered it. The select menu was flounder almondine (which looked better than it tasted according to a few who had it, including Dr. Kolar), steak with angel hair pasta (I had this and the steak was very good, although my medium well was closer to medium ... although the pasta wasn't anything special), medium rare ahi tuna (which seemed to be a hit, although it was pretty rare ... I wouldn't have liked it) and some sort of spinach salad. So, needless to say, it was a big letdown compared to the previous night.
Oh well.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Trapani's Eatery - Bay St. Louis
Posted by
ET
at
7:58 PM
Labels: restaurant review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment