Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Tiger

You've seen photos of the vin chaud from last Wednesday. Here are photos of the actual snow!
For those of you who haven't gotten the update. The snow actually stayed around this time and our cars were stuck at the house for a day and a half because it was too slippery to negotiate the slope of the driveway! Luckily we didn't need to go anywhere because school was cancelled.
Sylvain and I enjoyed a nice peaceful walk down to Roquevaire where we stopped in to say "hi" to Mireille, Alain and Jackye, and Gu and Nora. It's really nice to be outside here when it snows because no one is about, there aren't any cars, it's silent and serene and you can hear little birds chirping! Unfortunately, since I've been in France (since August 1999) it's only ever snowed once a winter, so I guess that's it for this year.

7 comments:

Rone' said...

It doesn't look like the Snow Tiger is all that fond of the white stuff!

ET said...

You kidnapped Garfield!

When I showed the picture of Tiger under the tree to Jenn, she said "Is that at the zoo?" She wasn't looking at the photo straight on, so the glare was probably keeping her from being able to accurately make out the photo participants. When I turned the screen more her direction, she saw that it was Tiger. Good camera work.

ET said...

Nice pants! Did you get those to match your luggage? : - )

Tanya said...

I included that photo of Tiger because I like it, not because it was a good illustration of Tiger enjoying the snow. He went under there because we were chasing him. That bush usually has it's leaves up in the air, but the snow weighed them down to make a cave.

Those are the same snow pants I've had since school days in Juneau. They're a little small now, but all I have. I always feel a little ridiculous wearing them.

ET said...

Why were you chasing him?

Tanya said...

Pour jouer, c'est tout! Rien de méchant.

Galen Tromble said...

I'm glad you got your dose of snow. I got a bit during my trip to Boston. Now it is getting really cold for a few days!