I'm back home safe and sound and Tiger and Sylvain are both very happy! Nothing eventful to report about the travel, thankfully. As I type, Sylvain is busy setting up my new Wii so I can kick his butt at some game. Actually, he'll probably win at whatever we play ... oh well. It's not whether you win or lose ... blah, blah, blah! More later. Take care and Bonne Année!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The Wii is kind of cool ... the problem I have is that it isn't advanced enough to make sports games like actually doing sports ... so what's the point? The two "sports" games I've played are golf and bowling ... but I imagine that my misgivings translate to others as well. I heard that Maria Sharapova didn't fare too well at tennis on the Wii.
So, if it doesn't require actual motions like sports, how is it really different than a regular video game system?
Don't have one - probably never will have one -- someday your kids will probably have some new gadget that you will never want to have...
Have you tried one? You might like it.
You can try when you come visit. It's great fun, actually. Sylvain and I played all afternoon on Thursday. I started getting Wii elbow! Then after dinner we finished off the evening with nine holes of golf. There are five games on the Wii sports disc: baseball, tennis, bowling, boxing and golf. Of those, we enjoyed bowling and golf most of all. But the real reason I wanted a Wii was for playing Guitar Hero. Sylvain got me that also, along with the guitar, so now I can rock out! And I finally have a game that I'm better at than Sylvain. He doesn't do so well with the music and rhythm!
Post a Comment