Googlers of all sorts working on Product Search descended on Pittsburgh from Zurich and Mountain View this past week for a summit, consisting of all sorts of formal and informal meetings and discussions about the present and future state of Google Product Search. This made for a very busy, nearly exhausting, week.
I skipped some of the after-work activities, including a visit to the mall Tuesday night to observe real-world shoppers, but I did go out to dinner at the Church Brew Works (a brewery in a former church building) on Wednesday, and Nicole, Rachel, and I all went bowling Thursday night with the group. Technically, Rachel did not bowl.
It was fun interacting with people that I had either never met in person or only met briefly before. It should also prove to have been a productive week, because all sorts of decisions were made about the short- and long-term future, that would have been significantly more difficult had we not all been in the same place. I can't say too much about any of these things at this point, but as soon as they launch I may point them out, especially if I had anything to do with them.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Product Search Summit
Posted by
Roy
at
5:46 PM
Labels: Google, Pittsburgh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell us more about the Church Brew Works. Any good? And what was your bowling score?
The Church Brew Works had an assortment of their own beers, but I only sampled one of them, which was some kind of triple. I thought it was good, but I'm no expert.
I don't remember my bowling scores. We bowled three games, and if I remember correctly, the first one was mediocre, the second was good, and the third one was terrible. I was experimenting with a different release, so my results were less consistent than usual. I'll get a report of our scores later in the week, and I might be persuaded to relay them.
Post a Comment