I saw a bumper sticker on a mint green Prius this morning. Am I missing something? While one could certainly argue that there is some link between hybrids and trees, I can't think of an obvious implied connection.
Hybrids contribute less to global warming ... keeping sea level from rising, preserving land surface for trees to grow on? Considering that coastlines are popular living/recreation spots, I think the coastal trees should worry less about sea level rise and more about the population explosion.
Hybrids contribute less to global warming ... which preserves the current climate habitats for trees. Well ... who's to say that a warmer world wouldn't be more conducive to tree growth.
Hybrids use less fuel than regular cars ... so people can use that gas to heat their houses, rather than burning wood in a fireplace. Perhaps.
Hybrids are smaller ... so road lanes could be skinnier ... so more trees could be saved during future road projects. Wait a second, there's a Cadillac Escalade Hybrid. There goes that theory!
Hybrids contribute less to global warming ... keeping natural phenomena from becoming more prevalent. Droughts, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. all wreak havoc on trees in one way or another ... hybrids can help prevent the deleterious proliferation of such events!
Someone buying a hybrid will look at other areas of their life to try to become more environmentally friendly ... this will lead to the purchase of bamboo (a grass) floors, rather than precious hardwood floors, saving trees!
Finally, I figured it out. Hooray hybrids!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
"Save the Trees, Drive a Hybrid"
Posted by
ET
at
9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow..... talk about deleterious proliferation.....
Evan is the great detective in the hunt for crimes against logic!
Post a Comment