I'm applauding Fox, not just for showing "Lie to Me" tonight, which is a fairly entertaining new show (at least in my opinion), but more so for not forking over air-time to another outing for President Obama. Hopefully, everyone who wants to watch has access to ABC, CBS, or NBC.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
In unrelated news, we got almost 2 inches of rain this morning. There was a torrent rushing under the fence between us and the neighbors to the west (uphill). On the other side, my "dry creek bed" was full of water, but not out of its banks, which was pretty cool to see in action. And, the curb project I got the city to do kept water from rushing down the driveway. Not a whole lot I can do (at least without a major undertaking) about the other project ... I guess I could bring in a couple loads of dirt and raise the grade of the back yard back there and push the water to the other side of the fence more quickly.
Although, 2 inches is nothing compared to the 9.5 reported thus far for the county on the Texas border straight south of us.
Fox. Shmoks. A pox on Fox. A poem by me. Dedicated to Evan. -- Fox. Shmoks. A pox on Fox. Lock the Fox in a box of socks. Sock the Fox in the snout with rocks. Supersonics fly at Machs. Feed the Fox cream cheese with Lox.
The professor talked about supersonic flows and Mach numbers in the mathematical models class I'm sitting in on. Since you brought up the subject, what's special about something that is supersonic, aside from it moving at a speed faster than the speed of sound? Hint: think change in mass flux vs. Mach number.
It's enough for me just to know that it is 'special' in some way. I feel so edified now.
Not sure "edified" is how I'd describe the feeling evoked by Galen's poem.
Horrified? Mortified? How did supersonics flying at Machs relate to the pox on fox or the cream cheese with lox anyway - aside from the obvious rhyme link?
Remember, I didn't say I watched Fox News from 7-8 instead of watching the presidential news conference.
I'm not sure I like dad suggesting cruelty to animals like locking the fox in a box of socks or socking the fox in the snout with rocks ... that's just not acceptable. He's turning into the new Michael Vick!
I liked the poem!
After how many drinks? : - )
To remove all doubt, there were no stimulants or depressants involved in the composition of my poem. I have to give all credit for the inspiration to Evan.
To be entirely honest, I'm a little depressed that I'm related to the poem's author.
Is the fox in the both of socks on the supersonic flying at machs? And, is the fox eating the lox in the box of socks during the supersonic flight at machs?
Post a Comment