Jenn's friend/co-worker Rudy came over a little after 8 AM today to help put laminate flooring down in the Nemo room - and learn how to do it because he's considering putting it down in his study. So, I was up at 6 AM and working by 6:30 to try to get things ready ... I failed.
I was feeding Andrew when Rudy showed up, but we got started in due time and he got to experience some of the things that I'd meant to have done - cutting the door jams and moulding, take off the last baseboard, Shop-Vac the space, put down the moisture barrier. It took us a while to get going, even after we got going - we had to figure out the angle in the corner of the room that was an issue on the first three row.
But, then, things started to come together ... literally. We were cranking out row after row faster than expected and got the entire room and closet knocked out by 2 PM. It looks good, but not unlike all the other laminate flooring we've laid, so I didn't feel the need to take any pictures at this point.
Now, we just have the hallway and dining room ... well, and the baseboards, but that's another story - and not as big a project.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!!!
Posted by
ET
at
7:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah ... almost done!
Post a Comment