Rachel and I have finally returned home from our 16 day adventure to Hawaii. The theme song from this trip was appropriately "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns-n-Roses. I'm glad that I had a few days after the wedding to vacation, or I'd need a vacation after this trip. The wedding was the primary focus of the first week (planning a bridal shower, recovering from the bachelorette party, decorating the reception site, infusing the wedding cake with orchids, and creating the flower arrangements of bridesmaid bouquets and table arrangements); then it was off to the Big Island to witness volcanic activity; then finally resting on the beach with swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing. Rachel missed her daddy, but enjoyed all the attention from her extended family. She has picked up a couple new tricks: dancing to cell phone tones, saying "no-no-no-no-no-no" to all the things she shouldn't play with, calling out "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" for no apparent reason, "upsy" to be picked up, and patting the high chair when she is hungry, counting to 3 and humming to the ABCs, she also LOVES the ocean and cried when we had to get out. Finally, we are home, and are catching up with some family time and making plans for getting the house back in order this weekend.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Last Hawaii Trip???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks and sounds like quite a fun trip! Who is the little boy in the picture with Rachel?
Love the hula outfit! I don't understand why Nicole doesn't have one to match. After all, I had a Halloween costume to match Rachel! :)
That's Nicole's cousin Jessica's older son Nathan. So, Rachel's second cousin.
Reportedly, Nathan was sitting on the floor and Rachel decided to sit in his lap.
What's with the ???
It wasn't Halloween?
Why might this be the last Hawaii trip?
Post a Comment