Pam and I trekked up to Pittsburgh on the 30th to visit and to pick up our items from Goodland, which the movers had deposited in the corners of Roy's and Nicole's living and dining rooms. We were there over lunch time, and I took some video of our star Rachel and assorted extras. No animals were harmed in the making of this movie (except the chicken which we had for lunch). I edited together about 8 minutes of highlights, which you can view at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mAjj7PyR0s
Galen
Monday, September 7, 2009
Rachel Video from August 30 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I don't think the chickens were harmed during the making of the movie ... I'm sure they were dead long before filming began.
Yes, Roy, the bulb under the flower becomes the pumpkin.
Britt heard the neighbor dogs barking on the video and thought they were outside in his yard!
Rachel's shovel-toting technique is too much! So many ultra-cute moments... Thanks for the video.
I thought the piano scene was the cutest!
A bit of pumpkin flower knowledge for you: Every pumpkin plant has two kinds of flowers -- male and female. Both are golden yellow, suggesting the color of the fruit to come. On the surface, males and females look quite similar. However, with a little observation you can begin to tell them apart. The male flowers, which appear first, sit on long thin stems and are more plentiful than females. The females sit closer to the vine and rest like queens on fuzzy round thrones -- baby pumpkins in waiting.
We have a huge pumpkin plant growing out of our compost pile! It might even produce some fruit since it currently has two female flowers on it ...
In that case, we have a surfeit of male flowers, and so far just four or five female ones. But the first female that appeared has already grown bigger than a grapefruit. We also have one that looks like it's been fertilized growing up in the tree. The busy bumble bees really seem to like the pumpkin patch.
That's normal, according to Marie-Elisabeth. Apparently, there are always many more male flowers than female ones.
Post a Comment