Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lost in Translation

I'm almost done with my dissertation. Actually, I am done with the text although I am still getting a few last minute editing suggestions from friends and duly revising. Not that I couldn't have gone on working on it forever, but I'm told you just have to stop at some point. I've worked on it so much in the past two months that I've gotten to the point of brain freeze. The subject and the work is not the problem. The problem is the degree of intensity I've been working at this summer. I'm mentally worn out and looking forward to starting my menial job on Monday.


My task this week has been to work on the twenty to forty-page summary in French. Condensing and translating a work that I have put so much time and effort into and have mentally completed is proving to be quite tedious and uninspiring. Just a few more days to go. I can see the finish line! Mustn't give up now!

3 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

You could let Google translate it. You might get a few good laughs out of that - if not a usable product.

ET said...

I'm guessing there's a higher probability of laughs than a usable product.

Galen Tromble said...

Not going too far out on the limb with that one, Ev