Sunday, December 18, 2011

Saturday Adventures







While Evan was busy breaking and entering ... or maybe not breaking ... Andrew and I were busy in a more constructive vein. We assembled (from a kit) and decorated a gingerbread train. The only problem with the kit was that the lines you're supposed to break the pieces along were not scored very deeply and they didn't break cleanly, or necessarily along the breaking lines. We had one piece that broke cleanly, but it was along a decorative line. So I had to do a lot of glueing back together (with icing) before we could assemble. Andrew put most of the candy decorations on himself once I showed him how it worked. Not a bad job!

4 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Andrew watched some YouTube train videos tonight, and was more talkative than I expected. He let me play with his basketball too.

Janice said...

I have added a comment to this twice now and it still hasn't shown up. I wonder what is going on. Anwyay, hopefully it will show up this time, so I'll say it again: Wow, Great Job!

Galen Tromble said...

Janice, you may have not been signed in. That's what happens to me sometimes.

Janice said...

as soon as I pressed save, I thought, you know that sure sounds like "operator error"! I don't stay signed in on my work computer, so that is probably what happened.