I officially submitted an application for transfer to a project in the Seattle Google office today. It took about two months of work contacting people, setting up video conference meetings, discussing projects and interests, and finally negotiating dates, but I got agreement today to an April 14 start, and went ahead with the application.
That doesn't mean we'll be moving to Seattle in three weeks. But we are planning to spend a week there during the girls' spring break, and then I will work remotely from Pittsburgh for five or six weeks.
That's all assuming that I get the necessary approvals.
We celebrated this evening by making an excellent pizza. Spinach and artichokes in a cheesy Alfredo sauce, with a crust cooked just a tad too long, leaving it a crispy dark brown on the bottom. Yum.
3 comments:
Congrats. Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly.
Great news! Fingers crossed. Pizza sounds yummy.
Happy for you all that it is working out!
Post a Comment