It's winter break this week, so I didn't have to go up to Lyon yesterday. This was very nice, however, it contributed to a lingering uncanny feeling that lasted most of the day. You see, it was Monday, but I kept thinking about and reacting to things as if it were Tuesday, and then remembering that no, it was actually Monday. The constant mental ping-pong was a bit disconcerting, especially as I'm still getting over my sinus infection. One concrete thing that happened was that I added a section in English to an article in French and then emailed it in. Luckily, the person receiving the article is a good friend and I was able to rectify the mistake this morning. Anyway, by mid to late afternoon yesterday, I was pretty much just wanting to sit and stare off into space. (So much for enjoying my day off, but I suppose even this was preferable to being at work . . .) However, Sylvain had a math lesson, so I was on kid duty. I let Maëva watch Strawberry Shortcake and Charlie Brown while I dozed on the bed beside her. Hopefully, now that the schedule is back to "normal," my brain won't have to worry about overload and I'll be a little bit more functional as the week goes on.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment