Saturday, December 20, 2014

Happy 8th

Tom and I celebrated 8 years of marriage and approximately 10 1/2 of togetherness today in our usual fashion. Earlier, we had discussed the possibility of some actual celebratory activity. He recalled the conversation as he asked "Is there something you'd like to do for our anniversary?" and I responded "Possibly eat out, but our favorite restaurant will be closed and there's nowhere else we like to eat." Oh, the woes of being married to a good cook in a town with largely not-so-great restaurants. We would have enjoyed a beach walk and the weather wasn't bad but I thought my throat & sinuses were not up to a large dose of cold air. The final result is Tom's upstairs in the office working on his infinite to-do list and I'm in the living room nested in a mound of pillows supported by two chairs, which keeps me comfy and at an angle that minimizes coughing. He did make and bring me tea and I'm pretty sure I've said something nice to him today.

6 comments:

ket said...

I am, however, slightly envious of the French approach to celebrations.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like our general approach to anniversaries also. I don't think we've exchanged gifts since our first or eaten out to celebrate in the last five years.

Rone' said...

Has he ever managed to drag you out to the Sandbar for halibut and chips?

ET said...

They don't cross brotherhood bridge.

mt San Francisco said...

Congratulations, you two! When every day is fantastic together, who needs to eat out?

mt San Francisco said...

Congratulations, you two! When every day is fantastic together, who needs to eat out?