It rained all Saturday in Seattle. We awoke later than usual, and took it easy for most of the day. We finally processed a cabbage we'd had for a while into sauerkraut. I guess technically it's just shredded cabbage in a jar, so far. But in four weeks, it will be delicious. Nicole had to get two more cabbages at the grocery store because the one we had only filled the jar about two-thirds full. You can tell in the picture where the older one left off and the new ones begin.
After the cabbage, I made a loaf of bread for next week. Again, it's not really a loaf yet. Cooler weather means the yeast and bacteria take longer to do their work, so it spent all day and all night rising, and will be baked today.
Then I took a nap.
After the nap, I made four pizzas. We had neighbors over for dinner and a poker night. Nicole had never played poker before. We had cheese; pepperoni; Reuben; and fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizzas. Nicole had a good showing at cards, with two three-of-a-kinds, which were the strongest hands of the night. (I folded a jack that could have earned me a straight.)
Sunday, November 6, 2016
Rainy day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice day. I had yoga this morning, then a hangout with Tanya, then some yard work and I just finished skateboard practice. Now dinner.
Skateboard practice?
I didn't get the hangout notification.
Post a Comment