Yesterday afternoon, I got an email from the colleague/professor teaching the Willa Cather My Antonia class I'm taking at the university. She had just discovered my essay in the Cather volume and wondered whether I would be willing to present it to the class, but she hadn't read it yet. I sent it to her so she could read it and then decide whether or not to reconsider her request!
This morning during break from our 3-hour linguistics class, a classmate asked me about my article. Apparently, a student had brought it up during a class that he attended on Saturday. That student doesn't know me and happened to mention a very interesting article she had read by a Tanya Tromble. So that's how the teacher found out. Mystery solved.
Though it's always nice to get unsollicited compliments, I'm afraid I'll feel more pressure to sound intelligent in class now that the cat's out of the bag about my publication!
Monday, November 28, 2016
The Cat's Out
Posted by
Tanya
at
2:39 PM
Labels: publication, school, T16, work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't think it should be difficult for you to sound intelligent since you are, and you're also very articulate. I'm sure I'm not at all biased! Love you!
I think you can handle the pressure! Very cool to get such a compliment from a student.
Congrats!
Yeah! Three more compliments. Thanks, guys.
Post a Comment