Saturday, January 28, 2017

2nd School Report

So, at the beginning of the year, I wrote a School Report. I am doing the 2nd one now.

Cursive:
We recently started cursive. We learned j in cursive today. It's been a while since we have done cursive and today we worked on some.

Math:
Well, math has gotten hard but I am doing well in the division. We are not working on multiplication anymore, but we use multiplication to check our work. We have not yet learned fractions, but I'm sure we will work on them soon.

Science:
In science, we planted some Wisconsin Fast Plant Seeds. Mine are doing fine but they are leaning.


5 comments:

Meredith Tromble said...

I need some more education! What is a "Wisconsin Fast Plant" seed, Rachel? Is it a variety of plant? Or maybe a seed company? I loved reading your report. I am glad you are learning cursive. I have heard many grown-ups say they wish they had learned it better when they grow up and realize what a nice personal touch it gives a sign or a letter.

Tanya said...

Sounds fun, Rachel. Glad you're enjoying school!

Rachel said...

Aunt Meredith, I read about Wisconsin Fast Plants and I am not so sure what they are. I think they might be a few different plants all in one, but mine are growing great! I have learned: i, t, u, w, e, l, b, f, r, s, j and p in cursive, I think we have learned a few more but I don't remember.

Meredith Tromble said...

Hi, Rachel, Wisconsin Fast Plants sound amazing! (Still a little mysterious, but that seems like part of the fun.) Glad yours are growing well. What you say about cursive made me ask myself if I thought some letters were more fun than others. I find it pretty easy and natural to make a nice "a"; I have to watch it on "e" or I squinch the shape together too tight. When you get to those letters let me know what you think!

Galen Tromble said...

It's a plant that has been developed to have a very fast life cycle -good for school science modules.

http://www.fastplants.org/about/the_story_of_fast_plants.php