Monday, March 6, 2017

Ontological Doubt

I hope Maëva will believe in fairies for as long as possible. Life seems so much more magical with kids around who believe in magic. However, I'm not sure how long she's going to keep believing. Last night, Laureva put out a "note" for the fairies and Maëva a crown she made out of Aquabeads. This morning, Maëva was talking about whether or not the fairies had come during the night. (They had. They left each girl a little heart shaped thank you note and a chocolate Kinder egg.) She asked, "How come scientists say fairies don't exist, but they DO exist?" (I'm not sure where she got the idea about scientists. School?) She eventually came up with a hypothesis: "Maybe there are only two fairies that exist." The ones that come to our house. We ARE lucky, indeed!

2 comments:

ET said...

Science? Pffttt.

Rone' said...

I had drafted a comment the other day at work but couldn't post it. I guess I should have transferred it to my phone to post, but didn't think of it at the time. Something along the lines of it hope she will always believe in magic, because magic only exists for those who believe.