I'm swamped with lessons plans and the school I'm at is challenging, to say the least, for both discipline and organisation reasons. Adventures this week included:
* classrooms with not enough chairs and desks (I discovered later in the week that the problem had still not been fixed even though the vice principal told me he had asked that all of the classrooms be checked.)
* a student saying "Surprise, motherfuckers!" in front of me
* a student pretending to fall off his chair and hurt himself
* classroom computer not hooked up
* classroom computer without speakers
* weak dry erase markers, but supply office closed so couldn't get replacements
Fun, fun, fun.
Friday, September 15, 2017
First full week of teaching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Are you writing new lesson plans from scratch or is there a template to follow? Commiserating on the boundary-pushing students -- such a bore.
At least one of your students knows some English.
LEAF? Is that Meredith?
Yes, LEAF seems to be me (Meredith). Not sure how that happened...but the comments are mine.
I'm using the English manuals. But it's still quite a bit of work figuring out what can be done in just one class session. Plus, the school hasn't received its order of new books, and students can't buy the workbooks because there are stock issues, so I have to do a lot of projecting via powerpoint and photocopying worksheets.
How is Sylvain doing?
Post a Comment