Friday was the last day of school for Rachel, Lydia, and Colin. Rachel left the house early to make a special trip to Ken's Market to buy her lunch. Nicole and I stopped by her classroom just after noon for a writing celebration. Lydia took a loaf of bread I made to give to her teacher. Colin had a performance and a potluck lunch.
It was Colin's last day of preschool. He'll join the girls at Coe in the fall for one glorious year of three kids in one school. (It will happen again three years later when Lydia reaches fifth grade and Eric starts Kindergarten.) When Nicole brought this up on the way to drop off this morning, Colin seemed disappointed, and asked, Why do I have to be five?
It was hot this week, but the forecast for next is more typical of June. I'm not sure yet what's in store for them, other than a belt test at taekwondo.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day -- I am intrigued by the writing celebration -- does that mean you heard stories the kids had written?
Rachel's third grade writing celebrations involved reading aloud, but this year they had a different setup, with each piece available to read quietly. I started to read Rachel's, but didn't make it all the way through before a student came to look at it. Mostly I followed Rachel around reading parts of others'writing.
Post a Comment