Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Laureva's Wish

On December 27th, Laureva presented me with this:

Can you decipher it?
It means, "Mommy, Can I have a guinea pig for Christmas?"
She said she didn't ask Santa Claus for a guinea pig this year because she knew I didn't want her to have one. I explained again why I don't want her to have one. Later, I found her crying about it on the toilet. She asked if she could have a guinea pig when she's nine. I said we'd see.
I still don't want a guinea pig in the house (because I would end up having to take care of it and I don't care to do that), however, I admire Laureva's dedication to communicating her idea even though she can't write much yet. The next day, I found a piece of scratch paper on which she'd practiced her "question" before making this final draft.

5 comments:

Roy said...

Why a guinea pig, in particular?

Tanya said...

I'm not sure. Perhaps because a little girl we know has one.

Tanya said...

Any kind of pet might be acceptable. However, I'm currently against all new pet acquisitions.

mt San Francisco said...

That's a remarkable image/text piece! Very understandable why no guinea pig is forthcoming, but her communication is indeed impressive.

Galen Tromble said...

She asked once, and then a second time a little louder (bigger)