Monday, June 5, 2023

Assessments

Monday morning I returned the borrowed car to the office, and worked from there. It was nice driving the all-electric Polestar 2 for the first time. I made it through the whole weekend without worrying about charging, and used less than half the battery. But, there were a bunch of things that weren't working, including no back-up camera. I didn't realize just how much I've come to rely on those. I filed a ticket to get the issues looked at. Maybe I'll try it again after they're fixed.


Nicole had a teachers versus students volleyball match after school. The Hamilton girls volleyball team was undefeated this season. They still are. Apparently their strong serving led to total domination of the teachers, among whom only one had a good overhand. Rachel and Lydia went to watch, but I was too busy this afternoon to make the trip, so I had to settle for retellings.

Nicole and I went to play basketball with Colin and Eric at Coe after we returned home. Then we picked up some cinnamon bread from Ken's and some rice and beans from Malena's. Nicole made nachos. The cinnamon bread is for Colin's breakfast.

One of the news plants we got on Saturday is Geranium oreganum. They've never had it before, and said someone had given it to them. Nicole liked it enough to take all of them. I took this photo in very low light using Night Sight, so it's not the best, but it's what I have.
The Burke Herbarium at the University of Washington says it is presumed extirpated in Washington State, and doesn't give it's original range. But I think it will do fine here.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Definitely a news(worthy) plant.