It's Thursday night and my week-long initiation to coaching is almost over. I just have to go get fingerprinted at the school district office tomorrow morning.
I decided to go to the sixth grade tryouts this afternoon, even though I had meetings all the way until 4, because the other coaches said they needed more people due to the number of sixth graders signed up. I had asked Lydia if she wanted to stay and help, and she seemed to make herself useful.
We rode the bike home together, with Lydia left holding the coach's bag. It was a challenging uphill. I should have changed out of my jeans first. I will try to remember that if we decide to use the bike for transportation home from practice.
Nicole picked up both boys from their soccer practices, one after the other. I made dinner while she went to pick up Rachel from West Seattle, braving the traffic downtown for the Beyonce concert. My chief accomplishment for the evening, though, was neither that nor signing Lydia's Spanish syllabus, but finding Rachel's reading glasses. After scouring her closet with no luck, I located them in plain sight on a shelf above her cubby in the back entry. She was busy with homework, which is how I ended up on the hunt.
0 comments:
Post a Comment