Wednesday, the middle school lets out at 2:30. 7th grade ultimate tryouts were scheduled for 3-5, but they asked us to arrive early because the kids would be there soon after 2:30. I left work before then, but had to wait 10 minutes for the bus, so I didn't arrive until very nearly 3.
I ran into Rachel after descending from the bus. She was looking for Nicole. They found each other and headed home. Nicole came back to the vicinity to take the boys to piano, then came to get Lydia and me after they were done. We all went to West Seattle for dinner.
I thought it would be easier to judge the kids the second time, but it wasn't really. Today I was rating them on throwing, from 1-5. I was supposed to score catching as well, but I gave up on that. After all the tryouts, I met with the other 7th grade coaches to make preliminary team assignments.
I'll be co-coaching Lydia's team, with practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Practices will be at Green Lake, so the kids will ride the bus, and I will probably meet them there.
Lydia did well at the tryout, I think. One of the other coaches who was rating the scrimmage section, said she played great. I'm glad to have her on my team.
1 comments:
Why thank you, kind sir.
Post a Comment