This morning, I baked my second batch of Holiday 2024 cinnamon rolls. As Sylvain said he preferred the old kind and the girls said they like the new sourdough ones, I decided to combine the two recipes. I used the sourdough recipe with grapeseed oil and lemon zest, then poured the cream/brown sugar/vanilla mixture from the other recipe over the top before baking. For the filling, I used a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice as I didn't have quite enough cinnamon. They rose nicely overnight and came out looking amazing:
Monday, December 30, 2024
Cinnamon Roll Sucess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Those look so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o yummy!
Woohoo! I'd love to try the pour-over mixture, if you want to share the recipe.
It's the one from the recipe that came from Grandma Tromble, I think.
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
My pdf of Grandma Tromble's recipes includes Brownies, Banana Bread, Fudge, Five Cups of Something Cookies, Red Velvet cake, Scotcheroos, Pepper-Nuts, Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies, Chess Pie, and Granny's Sugar Cookies, but no cinnamon rolls.
I have fond memories of Rone's cinnamon rolls.
Here's the pdf that we have: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cKGPFH_NKfwfQk8gsdigiJ2yECdlqjN7/view?usp=sharing
Post a Comment