Pam and I played two of my musical compositions last night at a concert put on by the Composers' Society of Montgomery County -- of which I am a member. She played piano on one piece -- I played soprano sax. We then switched -- I played piano and she played alto sax on the other piece. That impresses people for some reason.
We did a good job and received many positive comments on the compositions and the performance. The other pieces on the program (all written by CSMC members) were all quite good as well. I'm glad I stumbled upon the group and joined -- It's a good musical outlet. Next I'm working on a little suite for clarinet and piano (Pam's an excellent clarinet player).
Galen
Saturday, October 30, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mom mentioned how impressed she was with your practicing together when you were in Kansas. Don't forget it all before I get there....I'll be lobbying for a repeat performance!
love
m
Yeah ... me too. Or at least for hearing a recording.
We should have even more music by the time Tanya arrives. I'm working on the clarinet stuff now.
Galen
Post a Comment