Monday, November 8, 2004

J & J go to the Park

I came home to take Jester to the park, and figured I'd check the message machine. Well . . . sure enough . . . a message from someone between 12th and 24th just north of Rock Creek who thinks they've been feeding Justice since Friday. Well, I called . . . she wasn't there . . . but I loaded Jester up and headed out there anyway, to see if we could track her down . . . foolish, I know. Well, in the time it took to change and load Jester up and drive over there, Justice returned . . . so we picked her up . . . Jester almost jumped out of the car window to see her.
Jennifer doesn't know. It's going to be a surprise. I can hardly wait to see her reaction when she sees her. Anyway, after we (Jester and I) picked her up, we went to the park . . . we were already half way there. Now, the three of us are home and waiting for mom . . . one full happy family again. The only thing is Justice is limping around, but I don't think it's a big problem . . . she runs just fine . . . it's just when she walks she limps part of the time, so I figure her foot is just sore, or she wouldn't run and jump around, right? Well, we'll see. If it doesn't get better, she'll have to go to the spa. Jester was doing the same thing when we first got him back, but after a couple days he was all better, so hopefully that will be the case with the Puppy Princess (that's Justice).
Thanks everyone who helped keep our spirits up and helped bring her home.
Night,
Evan and the 3 J's

4 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Great news! We're so happy to hear it. So, how far was that from your house?

We wish we could be there to see Jenn's reaction. I'm sure it will be spectacular!

Dad

ET said...

Ok, we live just north of Rock Creek on Porter. 12th is one mile east of porter. 24th is one mile east of 12th. Therefore, she was about a mile and a half east of here . . . Jester was just a little west of here, I wonder what happened. Justice had a lot of ticks, since where she was was out in the country with tons of tall grass, but we got them all off and gave her a bath in the shower and after that, her and Jester just went to sleep, it was pretty amazing. I'm sure she was really tired, but I'm surprised he was so calm too. It was really cute. Maybe he was just relieved that she was back. He'd been pretty melancholy while she was gone. It's interesting, their energy just feeds off one another, if you separate them, it seems like they tone down two or three notches (I'm not sure what kind of scale I'm using, but oh well, you get the point) - this was first discovered when they had to go in, separately, to get fixed, since she was in heat, so we had to wait on her.
Anyway, Jenn's reaction was funny. She caught me off-guard because she came to the front door and rang the doorbell. She had to get a new battery for her garage door opener, but hadn't put it in and put the device back together. Well, I'd brought the dogs in a while earlier, since they wanted to get petted and I wanted to start getting ticks off Justice. Well, Jenn did a double take when she looked in and it took her a while to realize that there were two dogs . . . then she got really excited and came in and started petting.
Anyway, that was that.

Tanya said...

Yeah!!!!! I knew you'd find her. Get that second dog an ID tag quick! Tiger has been praying. I'm sure he'll be overjoyed to hear the news.

mt San Francisco said...

I'm late to this news, but I'm thrilled. I look forward to meeting both grand-niece and grand-nephew canines! I presume they're coming to the wedding???

xo