Evan -- OU 35, Baylor 0.....
You guys could ONLY put 35 points on the Bears?????
Dad
Saturday, November 20, 2004
Question for Evan
Posted by
Galen Tromble
at
4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Evan -- OU 35, Baylor 0.....
You guys could ONLY put 35 points on the Bears?????
Dad
Posted by
Galen Tromble
at
4:15 PM
2 comments:
Ok, well, I'm not sure what happened in the first half, since we took the dogs to the park because we didn't figure it would be a good game, so I was a little surprised it was only 14-0 at the half, although on the first drive, there were a couple dropped passes which I think should have been caught, but that's just the way it goes sometimes, the throws weren't right on the money, mostly because they got pressure on White (Peterson, as good a running back as he is, and he's amazing, isn't well versed in pass protection, yet). However, I did watch the 2nd half, and OU had 3 drives while the starters were in and they just marched down the field and put it in the end zone. Apparently, each team missed a FG in the first half and OU had a few punts, but it wasn't like they were getting it, going three and out, and punting it away, in fact, they didn't have any three and outs.
Ok, so my rationale for the "slim" margin of victory (I was kidding, I think it's a good score) is OU wasn't trying to blow Baylor out 100-0, they were just trying to control the game and dominate the action, which they did. Even with the back-ups in (2nd string QB and 3rd string RB), OU mounted a solid drive and picked up some first downs.
Punt, TD, Missed FG, Punt, Punt, TD, TD, TD, TD, (starters out) Punt.
Total Yards: 501 : 100-150 . . . the stats on ESPN have a discrepancy, I think Baylor had about 150 yards.
The way you score lots of points is throwing the ball down the field a lot, and OU didn't do that, they just decided to run Peterson and Jones and dominate the game that way. The other way you score lots of points is by forcing a lot of turnovers, and Baylor didn't commit many (they fumbled once) . . . so OU had to put together long drives which take time, even if you average more than 7 yards/carry, which Peterson did.
I watched the Auburn game, and if Alabama had any offense, Auburn would have a loss. Auburn played horribly, they didn't score in the 1st half. Alabama should have abandoned the run earlier in the game, since it wasn't working. Once they did and put a little faith in the QB, he made some good plays (not anything special, since he's not any good really) and Auburn was back on their heals. If an Alabama receiver hadn't dropped a 4th down pass in the red zone on their 2nd to last drive, they probably would have scored there and might have been able to tie the game.
Oh well. I think Auburn should lose ground since they played like crap, and OU has allowed 3 points the last 2 weeks . . . having your best defensive back in the lineup does good things for your defense, go figure (Perkins was injured in the UT game).
Baylor did beat A&M this year, at Baylor . . . in OT.
Post a Comment