Did you hear that Holy Trinity Episcopal Church and McPheters Hall burned down Sunday -- completely destroyed. Juneau Empire had an amazing picture of the fire:
http://www.juneauempire.com/images/031306/12875_500.jpg
Sad. The church was over 100 years old. The hall was one of the first places I went to in Juneau when I arrived -- some kind of folk music event, if I remember right.
Galen
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Juneau Fire
Posted by
Galen Tromble
at
7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
KTOO actually has a series of photos of the fire. For a bad subject, some of the pictures are really amazing. I sent all the kids a link a couple days ago.
Yes, very impressive photos. I found them captivating. Especially the Empire one. Too bad fire is so destructive. It's really quite amazing and can even be beautiful.
Is Tanya a pyromaniac?
Speaking of fires ... Jenn got off work early because there was a fire between here (our house) and Tinker ... so they let people out early so they wouldn't get stuck in traffic. Don't worry, it's not by us. Too many nice houses around us.
Nice houses don't burn?
No, they do, but I was saying the fire would have to go through a lot of houses to get to us ... not a bunch of open grass land that people wouldn't really care if it burned.
Post a Comment