Friday, November 2, 2007

Fun with YouTube

A couple weeks ago, when our friend Noah was visiting from Pittsburgh, our discussion somehow turned to herding cats, and someone was reminded of the Super Bowl commercial from a few years ago. Nicole didn't remember it, so we looked it up on YouTube and all had a hearty laugh. You can, too!


Then, this evening, we were folding burritos and I said, "I learned it from watching you!", but Nicole didn't understand the reference. She grew up on a very different set of commercials provided by AFN, the Armed Forces Network. So I decided we would have education hour, and I looked up the following:


Not as much fun, I know. But the Darth Vader spoof is a little bit funny.

We tried to find the famous AFN "Wo ist der Bahnhof?" spot, where the Americans ask how to get to the train station, but don't understand the answer, so they ask louder. But that one doesn't seem to be on YouTube. Nicole thought maybe it was on the radio instead of TV. I don't know because I've only heard of it secondhand.

I'm still trying to remember all the other commercials I've referenced over the years that Nicole doesn't recognize, but so far haven't come up with anything. But at least now we know what to do.

2 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Darth Vader spoof????

Roy said...

It showed up in the related videos when we watched it. It's exactly the same dialogue, but in a modern setting with an iPod instead of a radio. And Darth Vader is the father, and he brings in a box with a light saber inside that the mother found in the closet. Then, at the end, the narrator says something like, "Dark Sith lords who use light sabers have kids who use light sabers."