Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Fondue

Recently I've been very unlucky with my party planning. Several guests were unable to come to my Thanksgiving dinner last month and the same with my Christmas party this afternoon. Nevertheless, it went on with the one couple who could make it. And a couple other friends stopped by for a few minutes but didn't eat. We had fondue bourgignonne with beef for the others and scallops for me! I served it with a potato and pumpkin mashed conconction that also had cheese and fresh sage from the garden mixed in. Then angel food cake (thanks Meredith!) with chocolate fondue for dessert accompanied by my homemade eggnog. My friends' two-and-a-half year old son was very impressed with Tiger, though I can't say the feeling was mutual!

I've also been spending my time making batches and batches of cookies! There's a surprise Christmas dinner tomorrow night for me with Sylvain's family (obviously I'm not supposed to know about it, but I do anyway). I'm preparing a special Christmas box of cookies for everyone to take home with them. Tomorrow I'll finish up that baking with a batch of Evan's ginger molasses cookies.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Save some of that energy for KS where you'll have a captive audience.