Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

What did you do?

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Sylvain and I went to a fancy two-star restaurant in Aix called "Le Clos de la Violette" yesterday afternoon and had the special Valentine's Day meal. Delicious! Then I had to go to work in the evening.

Rone' said...

I worked -- Planning Commission meeting -- but only until about 8:00. Mike and I had dinner at Johnny Carino's on Wednesday night, though. I had the Lemon Rosemary Chicken and would highly recommend it!

Kristen said...

Tom returned from retreat. He got in a couple of hours earlier than expected so got to help make the dinner I'd planned: chicken breasts stuffed with brie & carmelized onion, wilted spinach with lemon (& other seasonings), sauteed mushrooms, and sourdough bread. We went all out with wine and candlelight. I baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The chicken was a teensy overdone and the brie wasn't very noticeable; Tom put too much lemon in the spinach and the high-altitude cookies weren't quite as good as Nestle's Toll House (which are Tom's favorites) but we were enjoying each others' company too much to care.

Galen Tromble said...

Pam and I went to a 3 star restaurant - OK not really. But I cooked dinner and did a fine job if I do say so - thanks to the cashew and herb stuffed pork chops that I got at Whole Foods.

Friday night we had a Composers Society concert. Pam played clarinet on a piece that I wrote.

Last night we went to another concert - a piano recital that was excellent.

GT

mt San Francisco said...

Anwyl got up super-early (4:00 am) to get to the SF airport by 6:00 for a flight to Ixtapa -- I got up in time to kiss him good-bye. Then I went to a meeting at SFAI (actually Anwyl insists that I write that I went back to sleep) with the head of the Exploratorium -- actually not to sleep with the head of the Exploratorium but to a meeting with...oh what a tangled web...

Anyway, I went to the meeting which I had surrendered a day in Mexico on the beach to attend and thank heavens it was a productive meeting and I was glad I did. Cooperative ventures between our respective institutions were discussed and then I ran around buying a hat and writing notes to the cat sitter and so forth and boarded a plane to Ixtapa myself at 11:30 pm. A red-eye with a four hour layover in Mexico City.

So I had two days of flying for two days of swimming in the ocean and walking on the beach and enjoying the company of Anwyl's co-workers. Worth it. Maybe a picture in a forthcoming post...