I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about hearts anymore.
Every time we visit the obstetrician, we get to hear Baby Tromble's heart beating through the Doppler machine they bring in and press to Nicole's ever expanding belly. But, those sounds quickly dissipate and leave us with only memories to share with you.
Enter the HearTones home Doppler unit, available for monthly rental. When Nicole found out about this, she ran—well, more like waddled—home to the computer and ordered one.
By some great stroke of luck, this portable unit has a headphone jack, and we happen to have acquired a cable that connects a headphone jack to our computer. As a result, we can offer you the following symphony of fetal heartbeats.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Listen to my heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh no, it stopped ... is Baby Tromble ok? Someone, perform CPR! Quick!
Oh, I've been informed that it is just the recording that has stopped, not actually Baby Tromble's heart beat ... so ... the crisis seems to be ... well ... not a crisis after all.
I'd also like to report that Jester woke up from his nap when the recording was played (at Jenn's request, mind you - Roy!) ... but, halfway through, decided it wasn't all that interesting and when back to his slumbering.
I installed Quick Time on my computer and it's still not working. I give up!
I am curious! It worked on Nicole's Windows laptop in both Firefox and Internet Explorer without any fiddling on my part.
If you, like Tanya, can't get the heartbeat to play, try the following. First, visit this "page", heartbeat.wav. If it plays there, or automatically downloads the file, then we're done. If not, from that page, go to the File menu and select the option to save the page. Since it's just a wav file, you should then be able to play it from the file on your computer.
If you continue to have problems, I can also e-mail you the file.
Worked fine for me without any fiddling. And that's a good thing, since I wouldn't know how to fiddle.
It worked for me now. I guess I just needed to restart the computer after installing the Quick Time program. Nice steady heartbeat!
Post a Comment