Last week when we had our last ultrasound, the baby measured just over nine pounds (with a margin of error of plus or minus 1.3 pounds), as some of you already know. So today when we made our weekly visit to the obstetrician, he decided that Nicole should be induced a little bit early. Her original due date was June 8, but, unless the baby comes earlier, we'll be heading to the hospital on Sunday, June 1, to start the process.
We just had our last childbirth education class this evening, so we have the hospital's seal of approval, but we don't know if we're really ready yet. We'll find out.
We're going to try out cloth diapers, and the diaper service delivered our first load on Friday. We have a borrowed car seat and a bassinet. We have lots of onesies from the baby shower and other sources, but given the projected size, we're not sure all of them will fit. All we need now is some parenting experience.
We're planning some sort of calling tree so I won't have to spend the first two days of the baby's life on the phone. Keep your phones handy—the call could come any time. A special prize for the first one to post the news on the blog.
We're scheduled for 7am Sunday!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Coming soon . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm sure you'll do just fine! But here's some advice: be careful with the diaper pins!
I just mailed Baby Tromble a package yesterday. I was hoping it would arrive before he did. Darn obstetrician!
I finished up Baby's quilt this morning and will take it to work and put it in the mail ... so it should arrive in time.
He?
Update: We're scheduled for 7am Sunday!
I know it's common to refer to babies with the pronoun "it", but that just didn't seem natural so I chose the neutral "he" of the unknown. Speaking of sex, Marie-Elisabeth says boys usually arrive early which would mean that Baby Tromble is probably a girl ... But I'm sure you've heard a lot of speculation and different old wives' tales.
Let's see, 7 am Sunday is 4 am here -- I'll set the alarm to get up and watch the blog! Looking forward to welcoming B.T.!
Post a Comment