Despite Nicole's condition, we got up at five o'clock this morning and drove to Pittsburgh. We had a final walk-through at the house at ten and then the closing at two. We left Pittsburgh a little before four and drove straight home, arriving a short time ago.
The walk-through was uneventful. The sellers fixed the few safety issues we had requested, and nothing else seemed to have changed. We did notice that the water was turned off, though, so after we left the house we went to find the Wilkinsburg-Penn Joint Water Authority.
After that we made a brief tour of the Waterfront, an enormous shopping center across the river from our house, where we'll probably head to shop for appliances the next time we go up.
The closing was mostly uneventful. The sellers showed up a little late, but they were very nice and they explained a lot of things about the house. They even brought a box of things to give to us, including a few old items "belonging" to the house.
Anyway, we've got four pairs of keys now, so the adventure can begin for real.
Friday, May 23, 2008
We bought a house
Posted by
Roy
at
5:45 PM
Labels: Pittsburgh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations new homeowners. I'm glad you could make the trip. Sounds like it was worth it.
I drove by the Meadow Lane house. It looks real nice - a light green color.
Dad
I saw the Meadow Lane house with the Google Earth city mapping software. House looked fine, but the yard looked a little overgrown. Félicitations Roy and Nicole! You said "despite Nicole's condition". I hope she's doing well!
I meant just that she is 38 weeks pregnant. She's doing great!
The house is on Meadow Lane???? Am I ditzy or isn't that the same street name of the house you grew up in in Juneau? Sacre bleu or deja vu or something-ooooh ---
M — The house in Pittsburgh is on Hampton Street. Dad was in Juneau when he wrote his comment, which is about the house we grew up in.
Are you saying Meredith is ditzy? Is anyone surprised that she didn't know where Galen was? : - ) I am curious!
oh.
bl-b-bl-b-bl or whatever that sound is your lips make when you flip them after some moment of idiocy.
It's the excitement of waiting for Baby Tromble! My brain is all agog~!
Post a Comment