Thursday, October 28, 2010

Christmas Traditions

I know this is early, but I have an excuse this year. 

So... I've been thinking about Christmas.  Since the family isn't gathering for Trombleganza (and there are likely to be more Christmas's not spent together), I think it would still be nice to uphold some of the traditions that have become part of the other Trombleganzas.  It is a bit tricky since we are all spread out; I still think it is should be possible to do something to make us feel like we are celebrating together in spirit (beyond just sending a the typical gift).  I thought, maybe we could still do a stocking exchange and/or a version of the Christmas game.  I haven't figured out the logistics of it, but think that this is a smart family and there's bound to be solutions.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

11 comments:

ET said...

Conference web-cam session! Roy, make it happen!

P.S. I would volunteer to figure it out, but I don't work for Google ... a job there should give him increased pull over developments related to gmail video chat.

Nicole Tromble said...

I found this online version that is available for a real gift exchange. What do you think?

http://albinophantblog.com/

I'm not sure if it is international, but we could do something like have Tanya's/Sylvain's address be stateside and her gift can be mailed to them.

Nicole Tromble said...

Here is another way to do the White Elephant:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5176896_online-white-elephant-gift-exchange.html

Nicole Tromble said...

There seems to be a few online secret santa organizers. Given a list of names, it assigns the secret santa and emails the person to notify them who they are responsible for. This might be something to try if we wanted to do a stocking exchange.

Nicole Tromble said...

If we did the non albinoPhant thing, and just bought something, send a photo to the host, and carry out the game, then send the gift to the winner, we could use GoogleWave. ?

Tanya said...

I'm starting a wave ...

mt San Francisco said...

I'm all for it! Whatever it is, we'll do it.

mt San Francisco said...

I'm all for it! Whatever it is, we'll do it.

Tanya said...

Go to GoogleWave and vote for your virtual Trombleganza activity preferences!

ET said...

I voted. Just fyi, Jenn would rather not participate.

ET said...

Apparently, being a mom and having craziness at work is enough of a full-time job that she doesn't need extra complication at the moment.