Friday, October 15, 2010

Work?

Yesterday by four in the afternoon I had finished my work for the day (apparently I'm too efficient) so I got to leave and go home. That meant Sylvain and I could go running earlier and be done well before dusk began to fall and the cold started to settle in. It was just the two of us yesterday, so Sylvain and I ran together the first time around the course (about 3.5 km) and I did it two minutes faster than usual. I reduced my speed for the second time around and felt like I was moving at turtle pace, but I still did the second round one minute faster than my usual pace. And when I got to the end of the second loop, I felt like I 'd just barely gotten started! (Up until yesterday, two loops had pretty much been my max.) Go me. So I kept on running for eight more minutes. Forty minutes total! Next time, I'm going to go for forty-five. Today, the fire alarm when off around four, so we just decided to shut down the computers, grab all our stuff and go home. Next Tuesday is another strike day. Good thing I'm efficient and don't actually need thirty-five full hours at the office to get my work done ...

2 comments:

ET said...

So, you're saying you did 7 km in 32 minutes? I'll refrain from posting my running times for a while!

Tanya said...

Yes, that's what I'm saying. However, I just calculated that that means I'm doing 7.3 minute miles ... and that can't be right. I do not run that fast. The course must be a little bit shorter. If the course is only 3.2k, that would be 8 minute miles, which sounds much more reasonable.